These were the beginning source of our landscaping project. I never liked these things, pink bricky pavers or something...no offense if you have them in your yard!



"Drainage" came in the middle of the stone work. Craig built french drains and a gutter drain to prevent the house from flooding when a SE Texas monsoon decides to pass by.

These are our new stone pieces that my VERY patient and pleasant (most of the time) hubby placed securely with a chisel, shovel and hammer, it took 7 weeks. The ones on each side of the sidewalk are fit into the dirt in order to hold soil.
.jpg)
The stones (and I quote, over and over) were like putting a giant puzzle together made by mother nature.
.jpg)
We also had new sidewalks made. One of my fave plants are geraniums, mine usually rock, as far as plants are concerned .
.jpg)
He also made the flower beds longer and wider. Yes, we could use sod but we used the sand from the sidewalk construction. He is too tired to lay it and too broke to buy it. Do not mention to him the people down the street who had a new driveway and sidewalks and brand new sod laid the next day by men with names on their shirts. (quote again). I think it almost caused him to cuss, but he did not, he doesn't do that.
.jpg)
Btw, normally he plants everything but actually I bought and planted flowers b/c his energy ran low and I was told to begin planting. :)
.jpg)
This is just a backyard shot of my impatiens, I love them. Their name kinda sticks with me and I bought a bunch. Ever heard the phrase " your money is down the drain?" Ours really is: french drains, back-breaking man made drains, plumbing drains, sewer drains, you get the picture. :)
4 comments:
Let Craig know I cussed for him.
Your landscaping looks great!!!
it looks really pretty. i love your ferns.
I'll cuss for him anytime too. Great job Larsons!
no worry on cussing girls, i can handle that myself, sad to say.
Post a Comment