Friday, May 30, 2008

what i call unappropriate

last week, i went to old navy to shop for me and my girls. they had rows and rows of these, which i thought were skirts. after several minutes of feeling like an idiot and being shocked, i realized they were shirts. for kids. sizes 5-16. are they kidding me? she is in a small, 6-7, in a strapless shirt? ummm...no. i feel like writing them a letter. i did march straight to the toddler side to make sure there were none in claire's size. there were not.

i did comment on the receipt survey when i got my code for my next 10% off. i am not spending my 10% off on a tube top for my 6 year old! i am sure they are considering my feelings.

jamie and i should really begin a campaign.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm with you, sista. I saw the tube tops today in the maternity section and though they were skirts at first, too. The freaks running Old Navy need to contact us ASAP.

Paula Aspacher said...

yOu crack me up. a skirt??? I think little girls can't be little girls any more and you are right. I am proud of you how you raise your girls. Faith will think you have kept her in the dark ages, but that won't happen until 6th grade and then you'll have to explain. Then there is Claire. Good luck with that one. and thank God you have Will as he is like his dad and won't have a clue. if it isn't cammo he won't have a clue.

Allyson said...

Had to comment...I saw them a month ago in Leah and Lauren's size (6,7 & 8). I thought they were skirts...realized they were shirts and saddest part is I considered it for a moment...this world is polluting my mind!!! Let's dress our girls in little girl clothes for as LONG AS WE CAN!!!

hilarylarson said...

Allyson: we can "smock them" until they are at least 10!!

Michelle said...

I can see your point! I get on to my 11 1/2 year old nieces because sometimes their clothes are a little, well.. too much.. I really don't know what is wrong with the clothes manufacturers.. it's teeny weeny clothes for little ones and somehow that seems to be okay... I say let's boycott!