Faith was so excited to get to take her Valentine box to school today. I thought the box & the 100th day of school festivities was excitement enough!
.jpg)
.jpg)
However, much more drama continued. The 2 little ones & I were playing outside (in the front yard) around 9:30 this morning when we heard a ruckus of fire engines & police car sirens. I do live right around the corner from a fire station but I heard it from both directions which means the station 3 miles down the street was sending a truck too. The kids found it fun for a second & then went back to playing. In a split second, I noticed they were all zooming down Howell, which the school is on. I thought, oh well, wonder what is going on? (Duh?) About 30 minutes later, the little ones & I leave to run errands & I drive by the school to leave the neighborhood & I notice all the children are outside. Hmmm...there must have been police/fire drama? Gotta have that trusty phone, I called my friend Becky, we needed to chat anyway b/c we had a PTA board mtg at 11:30. I told her the kids were all returning to the bldg & all the trucks were gone so they must be fine. Hmm, we did not know. Craig came home for lunch & Claire & I went to our mtg, there had been an electrical fire in the 4th grade hall...smoke & all. I saw Faithful & her teacher right away & got the scoop. I felt like an idiot, I never thought it could be at the school!! Faith wondered if I thought I should take her home in case the "electric fire" came back, I said no. What an education & just think, we are getting a new school soon, obviously, we need it. :)
1 comment:
Wow, major moments in the education of a child. Things like that are really scarey. Good thing you weren't having a good ole Beamont rainy day. Glad everyone was ok. miss you.
Post a Comment